OPEN MON - SAT 10-5

Dundurn Castle

Located in Hamilton, Ontario, Dundurn Castle is a historic Neo Classical mansion and National Historic Site. Over the past 5 years, we have been fortunate to work with Curator Ken Heaman and City of Hamilton staff to restore and supply period 1850s lighting.

cornelius gas light 1850

Circa 1850s Cornelius gasolier with an original damascene finish. Note the gas hose leading to the gas portable table lamp.

 victorian gas light

Detail of the Cornelius gasolier and gas spigot attachment. The original glass shades are stunning.

 

Front hall at Dundurn Castle. These rare 1850s matching Starr Fellows Hoffman gasoliers underwent a meticulous restoration.

 Starr Fellows gasolier

Hanging from a second floor ceiling, they are aligned perfectly on the main floor as they would have originally been in the 1850s.

Starr Fellows Hoffman gas light chandelier

The before. Tired but grand, they are on their way to our shop. The restoration took almost a year to complete.

Cornelius gas light chandelier

The hand cut turban shades are a perfect fit for the pair. Although they are not original, they are made with the same pattern from the 1850s

gas hoop 1850s archer warner

Fantastic 1850s Archer Warner Gas Hoop supplied for the Smoking Room

custom gas style 2 light

Custom made 2 light 1850s gas light with antique wheel cut shades. We researched originals through old catalogs and photos to get the details and proportions right.

victorian library

McNabb's Library complete with an early 1850s Archer Warner gas light supplied by us.

archer warner gas light 1850

All original polished and gilt finish. Grape cluster shades are original and wonderfully cut.

Pair of Argand Lamps original to Dundurn Castle and located in the dining room. They required cut glass shades which we supplied.

Original pair of Sinumbra lamps in the dining room. They required period shades and needed to be rewired.

Cornelius wall lights antique 1850

Pair of Circa 1850s Cornelius wall brackets were supplied by and installed in the front hall.

gas swing arm bracket

Numerous electrified gas swing arm brackets were supplied throughout the museum. The original gas lines were located in each room with brackets placed in their original locations.